This is a list of the top, Bucket list paddleboard, OC, surfski and prone/traditional paddleboard races that cross from island to island, island to mainland, listed by level of Mullet-ness. This is based on absolute scientific uncertainty as it’s all subjective. Make suggestions and I’ll add them. As the mullet gains some support from events, like these, maybe I’ll be able to afford a way to vote up and down, organize by difficulty, destination, enjoyment, or overall cost. Or maybe I’ll keep it as my list. We’ll see. For now, if I’m buying the cake, I’m choosing chocolate. Some are races I’d paddled. Some are races I will paddle. Some are races I will only read about on Facebook. But all have my respect.
CROSSINGS MULLET BUCKET LIST
- M2O :: Molokai 2 Oahu :: Hawaii :: USA :: 32 Miles :: ((Usually end of July)) ::Want to paddle this some day
- Catalina Classic :: Catalina Island (Twin Harbors) to Huntington Beach, California :: USA :: 32 Miles :: Traditional Paddleboard :: August 25, 2019 :: Paddled and Loved this in 2015
- Molokai Hoe :: Molokai to Oahu :: Hawaii :: USA :: 32 Miles :: OC-6 :: Oct 13, 2019 :: August 17-18, 2019 ::Want to paddle this some day
- Cape to Cape :: Delaware to New Jersey :: USA :: 16 Miles :: All Crafts except OC-6 (for now) :: August 18, 2019 :: Paddles 3x and LOVE this, planning on paddling in 2019
- Crossing for a Cure :: Bahamas to Florida :: All Paddle Crafts :: OC :: Jun 15, 2019 ::Want to paddle this some day
- Lake Ontario Crossing Paddleboard Race :: Niagara to Toronto :: Canada :: 32 Miles :: SUP and Traditional Paddleboard :: August 17-18, 2019 ::Want to paddle this some day
- Wild Buffalo Relay Race :: Catalina to California :: OC-1, OC-2 :: March 29-31, 2019 :: Planning on paddling in 2019
- Corinth Canal SUP Crossing :: Paddle Point to Point, through the Canal of Corinth :: Greece :: SUP :: 6.343 meters :: Dream dream dream
- M2M :: Maui to Molokai :: Hawaii :: USA :: Usually in Spring :: 26 miles :: Want to paddle this some day
- Crossing for a Cure :: Bimini in the Bahamas back to the Florida=, USA :: 80 Miles :: All crafts :: :: Want to paddle this some day
Something to keep in mind when viewing this list as a race director is there may be a race like your own that is outside your world. Pay attention to the dates. Most of the endurance races occur in the later parts of the season so people can train all year for it. You can already see date conflicts in the above races making those who want the crossings or point to point challenges have to choose. Something to ponder.
Remember, this is a list in progress of established races. I know I’m missing a LOT, which is why I’m crowdsourcing this. I may have left off some favorites, some not favorites, but neither omissions are personal or intentional. Send me options here on the post, not on a facebook message, email, text message, or comment on a facebook shared post. Comment on this actual blog post please. I will be updating this list and adding more as I get comments and feedback. Remember, this is out of love, so when you suggest, be kind. If I get a Twitter-ish snarky comment, I’ll delete it and you from the users. Virtual smoting. This is a STOKE ONLY ZONE. And I love paddling, so be nice. We list out of respect and love.