The race of races. Channel of bones. Super inspirational. Can’t wait to watch on Sunday.
2017 SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Thurs, July 27th: Race Registration and MANDATORY Check In
- Location: Duke’s Waikiki Restaurant (Duke Room)
- Time:11:00 am to 4:00 pm (You may come anytime during this time frame)
MANDATORY RACE CHECK-IN ON OAHU AT DUKE’S WAIKIKI RESTAURANT
- Racers are required to attend.
- Boat captains are encouraged to attend to meet racer and pick up boat stickers and talk to safety team.
- The process should take no more than 20-30 minutes.
- Race numbers, race packets and final instructions will be issued to racers.
- Course rules, radio frequencies and docking instructions will be issued to all boat drivers.
- Race officials, safety personnel and organizers will be on hand to answer questions and assist in last minute logistics.
- Duke’s will provide lunch discounts (50% in 2016)
- Additional race t-shirts and posters can be purchased at registration
- Come meet, greet and eat and CHECK IN!
SATURDAY, JULY 29TH: PRE-RACE MEETING
- Pre-Race Meeting
- Location: Kaluakoi Beach Area
- Time: July 29th, 5:30pm – 7:00pm MANDATORY
- Description: Final event briefings, instructions and weather check. ALL racers are expected to attend. FINAL timing and GPS updates will be handled at that time.
- Dinner: Dinner will be offered to athletes, friends and boat captains for $10. Please prepare to pay in cash. Proceeds go to YOUTH IN MOTION in Molokai. There is no food service at Kaluakoi. Please plan accordingly.
SUNDAY, JULY 30TH: RACE DAY
- 6:30am Pre-race Pule’ (Hawaiian Prayer)
- 7:30am Solo and Team Paddleboard Division Start
- 8:00am Solo and Team SUP Division Start
- 10:00am Event Expo Opens on Oahu at Maunalua Bay Beach Park
- 11:30am Top Finishers expected at finish line
- 12:00pm Lunch Service Begins
- 2:00pm Elite Winners Presentation (Media Event)
- 4:00pm Expo Closes/Lunch Service Closes
- 6:30pm – 9:00pm Awards Party at Outrigger Canoe Club* Awards
*The Awards Party is FREE for paddlers, guests will be an additional cost. Dinner includes two Kona Brewing beers. Tickets will be distributed at the door at the Outrigger Canoe club starting at 6:00pm.