LiNK For OS X
We have released the LiNK software for transferring, viewing and exporting data files from the Training Pack versions of the SpeedCoach GPS Model 2 and SpeedCoach SUP 2.
Note: LiNK is currently compatible with OS X 10.10
We are asking you to download it, start using it, and most importantly, help us prioritize our ongoing development by telling us what features and capabilities you most want us to add.
Join the discussion on our “Get More SpeedCoach” Facebook Group!
What can you do with LiNK for OS X?
- Wirelessly transfer “just go” and workout interval data to Mac for viewing and storage.
- Export data to charting and analysis programs, such as Excel, via CSV.
- Export data to FIT file format to enable transfer to third-party websites, such as Endomondo, Strava and any FIT-compatible site. These sites enable you to view your workout or race on detailed maps, share your results with friends or coaches, and even compare your results with others.
Use of LiNK Software Requires Firmware Version 2.04 or Higher
- Firmware version will be displayed on the splash screen upon start-up of your SpeedCoach.
- IMPORTANT: All firmware updates will wipe all current workout data from your SpeedCoach unit. Please transfer your data prior to updating firmware.
- Note: If you have purchased a SpeedCoach GPS Model 2 or SpeedCoach SUP 2 without Training Pack you can still upgrade your SpeedCoach to access the workout programming and LiNK data transfer capabilities. Click Here to upgrade
Recent Firmware Updates:
SpeedCoach Firmware Update (Version 2.05) – 4.14.15
Version 2.05 addresses the following issues:
- Transfer Screen can get stuck on the Downloading Firmware screen.
- Unit reboots or resets when trying to access Data Recall.
- Interval detail for an interval workout shows an extra record at the end.
- Instantaneous speed lacks desired precision when exported with LiNK application.
- Workout names showing trailing zeros at times.
Steps for updating your SpeedCoach unit:
- Go to http://www.nkhome.com/support/rowing-and-sports-support/link-for-mac and download and install LiNK Version 1.23.03. Open LiNK Version 1.23.03.
- Once LiNK is open, click the “Help” tab. Select “Update Your SpeedCoach” and click on the URL listed in Step 1 on your LiNK screen.
- Run/install the program when prompted to load the new firmware files to your computer.
- Set the SpeedCoach unit in “Data LiNK Mode.” Once in Data LiNK mode, your unit will appear in the LiNK application. Select your unit and you will be notified that a new update is available. Click “Yes” to update.
For a visual of these steps, see below.
<img alt=”” data-cke-saved-src=”http://www.nkhome.com/content-img/link-for-mac.jpg” src=”http://www.nkhome.com/content-img/link-for-mac.jpg” float:=”” left;”=””>
We have created in-depth videos to walk you through each step required to install LiNK, install the wireless data transfer dongle, update your SpeedCoach, and begin using LiNK. We strongly recommend you watch all four of these videos before beginning the process!
1. How to Download and Install LiNK for OS X:
2. How to Update your Firmware with LiNK for OS X:
3. How to Export and Review Data in LiNK for OS X:
4. How to Upgrade your SpeedCoach GPS Unit for OS X: